Motor Vehicle Academy
This position is responsible for delivering the finished product to customers, picking up the raw materials from vendors, pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance on equipment and verifying inspections, licenses, etc. are current. In addition, this position will perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle. Additional responsibilities will include assistance with creating SOP and other shipping related documentation as needed. This position requires routine attendance to departmental, safety and Company meetings.
76 Acco Drive
York, PA 17402
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle
- Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination
- Proper loading and unloading of freight with mechanical freight handling equipment as required, assuring safety and minimal risk of damage to cargo and danger to people
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor itself or from convertor dollies, including pushing and/ or pulling dollies into place and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers and/ or the front support on convertor dollies
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip,
- Fueling and general light maintenance of vehicle
- Communication with customers, vendors, company personnel regarding scheduling and future requirements
- Check shipping/transportation papers to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials
- Ensure that all shipment documentation required to move with shipment is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Report all accidents and/ or incidents involving driver or company equipment.