Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
$22 – $27 per hour PAY IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE
– Minimum of 3 years demonstrated maintenance experience with heavy equipment and/or track/trailers/cranes, etc.
– Experience in at least two other technical areas (Including but not limited to: hydraulics, electronics, small engines, air-conditioning, and other related mechanical areas).
– Education to include: High School Diploma/GED AND trade school/or dealership/factory service training in diesel mechanical repair/maintenance that would be equivalent to an associate’s degree.
– Drive for achieving results and ability to convey a sense of urgency when appropriate.
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
– Strong communication and organization skills.
– Able to read, write and speak English
Required Certifications and Licenses:
– Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
– Other certifications as may be necessary for accomplishment of assigned responsibilities.
H & H General Excavating
660 Old Hanover Rd
Spring Grove, PA 17362
PAY RANGE ($22 – $27 hr) – PAY IS BASED ON JOB EXPERIENCE
At H&H General Excavating Co. our Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic responsibilities include:
– Responsible for mechanical repairs and maintenance of heavy duty equipment and other motorized equipment.
– Carries out work assignments following daily briefing with plant/shop manager
– Ensures that down-time (waiting for parts, tools, etc.) is kept to a minimum.
– Completes work orders timely and accurately. Records mileage, hours, date and work/repair description. Ensures that documentation is legible and understandable.
– Routes requests for emergency repairs to the Plant/Shop Manager to ensure priority assignments are not interrupted.
– Ensure that all safety rules/regulations are followed.
– Ensures that tools and other equipment are maintained in a neat, orderly fashion.
– Actively participates in team based work assignments in order to ensure timely completion of repairs/maintenance.
– Constant bending / twisting / stooping / walking / talking / sitting / standing / kneeling / climbing / bending / carrying materials/parts
– May work in a variety weather conditions.
– Working extended hours.
– Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
– Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.
NOTE: H&H General Excavating is a full-service General Constructor and home of Country Boy Mulch. Heavy-duty- equipment is used daily. Therefore, a mechanic is needed.
Location: 660 Old Hanover Road, Spring Grove PA