Maintenance Repairman 1
Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at the starting annual salary of $32,176 (before taxes).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Two years of experience in general maintenance work which has involved at least two of the building, electrical, or mechanical trades; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and training that affords the applicant with the Required Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities.
Preferred Qualifications (preferred but not required)
- 2 years of experience performing custodial work such as cleaning floors, restrooms, windows/mirrors, walls, and other surfaces
- 2 years of experience with grounds keeping and snow removal, such as clearing walkways, lawn mowing, trimming, weeding, leaf removal, watering, etc.
- 2 years of experience painting interior and exterior surfaces including sanding, chipping, and patching
- 2 years of experience remodeling, repairing, and removing doors, shelving tiles, roofing, walls, etc.
- 2 years of experience operating and maintaining HVAC systems
- 2 years of experience with electrical installation and repair
- 2 years of experience with plumbing installation and repair
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
613 North Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
The Pennsylvania State Police is seeking a skilled and motivated Maintenance Repairman 1.
If you are knowledgeable with performing a variety of skilled trades and maintenance and take pride in your work, apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Maintenance Repairman 1 for the Pennsylvania State Police, Troop J, Lancaster, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repair work for Troop J property and buildings.
You will perform maintenance and repair work including: painting interior and exterior surfaces, repairing or replacing flooring, plumbing, electrical, performing a variety of minor repairs to furniture, equipment, and facilities, and checking and maintaining HVAC systems. You will also perform custodial work such as cleaning floors, restrooms, windows/mirrors, furniture, walls and other surfaces, and emptying trash and recyclable receptacles. You will also perform grounds keeping such as weeding, lawn mowing, leaf removal, watering, snow and ice removal. Performing other related work as required.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full time employment
- Work hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday with 30 minute lunch break
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable state or federal law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.