CDL A Driver
Motor Vehicle Academy
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and up to 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift
- Must be able to be bounced around when driving on very rough terrain. Must be willing to help in other tasks when not driving
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands to move levers/controls to operate the truck and dump attachment
- Must be able to bend, squat, and kneel to perform essential tasks including maintenance and inspection of equipment
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contractor serving the Mid-Atlantic and Southern Regions out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified contract and geotechnical services.
Founded in 1902, Wagman is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year!
We are currently looking for a CDL A Truck Driver to join our Heavy Civil Grooving & Grinding. A tanker endorsement is required for this role.
Wagman offers a very competitive benefits package! Here are just some of the basic benefits we offer, to hear more please inquire!
- 8 paid holidays
- 401(k) with matching
- Disability and life
- Orthopedic Care
- Dependent Care Account/Flexible Spending Account/HSAs
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning up project site of debris
- Operating/driving CDL type truck primarily water trucks, construction equipment
- Driving in a safe manner
- Performing routine maintenance to equipment on a daily basis and reporting and mechanical problems immediately to the supervisor
- Being able to stay out of town when needed
- Keeping an Elog
- Doing pre trip and post trip inspection reports daily
- When not driving, working in elements to help load out-bound trucks and in bound in yard
- Flatbed and lowboy experience would be a benefit
Wagmans’s Core Values of integrity, mutual respect, saftey, innovation, sense of urgency, and community are an integral part of every decision and every plan made at Wagman and these values have laid the foundation for our success and longevity for our past, present and future.
Consistently being recognized with national and regional awards for projects, safety and community is a testament of our commitment to these values. Beyond the buildings and bridges which connect and improve our communities, Wagman has community engagement programs and initiatives which help to build better, for our people.
Wagman is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employment. We recognize and value our diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V