Motor Vehicle Academy
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and up to 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing
- It also requires the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height – and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction and geotechnical construction services. Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, PA.
Founded in 1902, Wagman is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year! Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for a Yard Laborer to join our Field Service Center (FSC.)
- Medical/vision/dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Disability and life insurance
- Wellness Programs that include Orthopedic Care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
Reporting to the Yard Foreman, the Yard Laborer essential functions will include:
- Loading and unloading construction materials and equipment manually or using forklifts, dollies, hand trucks or cranes
- Inspecting materials; sorting and/or stacking incoming equipment and materials
- Preparing equipment and materials, according to work orders, for transport to projects, etc.
- Cleaning and washing various construction equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Wagmans’s Core Values of integrity, mutual respect, saftey, innovation, sense of urgency, and community are an integral part of every decision and every plan made at Wagman and these values have laid the foundation for our success and longevity for our past, present and future.
Consistently being recognized with national and regional awards for projects, safety and community is a testament of our commitment to these values. Beyond the buildings and bridges which connect and improve our communities, Wagman has community engagement programs and initiatives which help to build better, for our people.
Wagman is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employment. We recognize and value our diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V