Part-Time Adult Education Instructor
$31.00 per hour
To be considered for this position you must meet the following requirements:
• A minimum of three years of work experience in an ambulatory setting, healthcare clinic, or physician’s
• Current Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Registered Nurse.
• The candidate must have teaching and working experience in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, medical billing, clinical skills, knowledge of both front and back-office procedures and Microsoft office applications.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a diverse student body.
• The ability to effectively plan, organize, and manage in a complex, fast-paced environment
York County School of Technology – Adult & Continuing Education Center
Kirk D. Schlotzhauer
Position Type: Part-Time Adult Education Instructor
Start Date: Immediate
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:45 am – 3:15 pm, approximately 32.5 hours per week; maximum of 900 hours per
The Adult & Continuing Education Center at York County School of Technology has an immediate need for an
experienced Medical Assistant Instructor to teach adult students. The Instructor shall be responsible for
developing curriculum, preparing lesson plans, selecting appropriate books and teaching materials, and
successfully teaching subject matter to adult students in preparation for employment as Medical Assistants. The
Instructor is expected to present a professional and positive image as a representative of the school and its
programs. Class is anticipated to start August 25, 2022 and run until April 14, 2023, Monday – Friday, 7:45 am
– 3:15 pm.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Kirk D. Schlotzhauer, Director of Adult & Continuing
Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.