EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of five years of related experience in the public water industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-secondary education is highly desirable.
The York Water Company
SUMMARY: Assist with the planning, permitting, sampling and testing, and construction of water mains, sanitary sewers, and other special assignments.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Shovel, picks, bars, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare drawings for water and sewer main projects using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Gather and compile office and field data for proposed and completed projects, including the use of equipment such as global positioning system (GPS) collection units.
- Assist in the preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Assist in the requisition and delivery of materials for construction projects.
- Prepare state and municipal road occupancy permit applications for main installation projects. Assist with the preparation of other types of permit applications.
- Review active construction projects to ensure that specifications, plans, procedures, and permits are being followed.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective filling, flushing, pressure testing, and water quality sampling and testing at water main installation sites, and other company locations as assigned.
- Assist and support the Superintendency to ensure the Company meets all water quality sampling and testing as water main installation sites, and other company locations as assigned.
- Responsible for the effective preparation for, and proper disinfection of newly constructed potable water mains, adhering to all applicable standards and regulatory procedures.
- Assist with ensuring contractors are following Standard Operating Procedures related to water quality maintenance while on company job sites.
- Compile and prepare record drawings, details, and other documentation for completed projects.
- Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior to all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company, including customers and employees.