Customer Service Representative
$18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Workforce Development & Industry Training
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Management or equivalent or five years of related customer service experience and/or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to customers and employers. Bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
Microsoft Windows XP or 7, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer
The York Water Company
SUMMARY: This is basic, entry level customer service work in support of the Customer Service Department of The York Water Company. The individuals in this position will be required to staff the Customer Service Department by performing the following duties: completed customer payment transactions and other related financial processes, answer customer questions; inbound and outbound customer contact by telephone, email, and mail; advise and assist customers in procedures for acquiring and/or termination water and wastewater services; review past payment history and applications for service; determine if applications for service and transfers of service are valid; refer customers to financial assistance sources when appropriate; edit customer data for connect and disconnect orders; initiate work orders for completion by Distribution Department and Meter Reading personnel; maintain electronic customer files; scheduled customer water and wastewater service connects and disconnects; resolve basic customer utility connect and disconnect problems; answer general and basic customer utility questions; provide account information to individuals and commercial customers; distribute mail; assist other staff members as needed, and perform other related duties as required.
Provide prompt and courteous service to all customers of the Company by processing customer inquiries, complaints and requests within the scope of the Company’s tariff, policies and procedures and regulations of the PA PUC. Interface and coordinate with outside Departments including Accounting, Distribution, Dispatch and Meter Repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process cash receipts from customers and balance collected receipts.
- Maintain records of cash activity.
- Assist in processing mailed payments.
- Communicate with customers via email, telephone or in person concerning service terminations for non-payment, billing dispute resolution, orders for new service, turn off/on discontinuance or change in service.
- Prepare documents necessary for new service, transfer of ownership, turn off/on, complaints, etc.
- Prepare payment agreements and pursue collection activity on delinquent customers in accordance with PA PUC regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Prepare termination orders for varied situations in accordance with PA PUC regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Accept customer electronic payments over the internet or telephone.
- Prepare routine customer correspondence.
- Possess a working knowledge of PA PUC regulations and the Company’s tariff.
- Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior with all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company, including fellow employees.
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance