$19.83 per hour
- see below
The York Water Company
SUMMARY: Performs general labor work for the Distribution Department.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Shovel, picks, bars, etc.
MATERIALS: Dirt, water and attendant supplies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs excavation work such as digging ditches and trenches.
- Assists Distribution maintenance man, meter repairman and utilityman in performance of their duties as assigned.
- Performs general cleanup work.
- Keeps tools clean and in working order.
- Performs other general laboring work as directed.
- Assists a semi-skilled laborer or utilityman in the operation of the push machine and small tap machine.
- Operates jack hammers, tampers, etc.
- Call out and overtime work in mandatory at times and the sign up sheets must be signed as required for this purpose.
- Subject to call outs and emergencies as required.
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday