Johnson Controls 100 JCI Way
Plan, layout, and installs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications contained in the Electrical Assembly Manual and the National Electric Code.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit and properly installs control wiring in precut holes within units.
- Terminates wire in appropriate location according to Electrical Assembly Manual or layout drawing.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, Matrix Tester, or other device.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Complete HI-POT testing as needed.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Removes and installs panels as necessary to complete work.
- Responsible for reporting work related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write basic correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, engineers or plant support staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working knowledge of MATRIX and Layout Drawing manufacturing software required. Must be able to obtain within one (1) year.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES Forklift license required. Must be able to obtain within three (3) months
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.