Cook III, Convention Center
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 years culinary experience OR a degree or certificate from a Culinary Institution plus 2 years culinary experience
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
This position is the middle level in a professional kitchen with two positions below, and two above. The culinarian should have superior knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. This position should be able to control inventories, requisitions, and par levels. The Cook III must be able to take a role in helping in the direction, and training of lower cooks in daily task. The Cook III must be able to work all stations in their designated area for all meal periods, have solid understanding of other cooking areas, and be able to proficiently. The Cook III needs to posses a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce food/meals/large volumes of prep work consistently with little to no direct supervision with little difficulty, while maintaining quality standards in any area of the Hotel culinary department.
- Exhibits a superior knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitaiton.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary station/work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Take a leadership role in assisting, training and directing culinary interns, and all lower classification cooks in daily tasks and organization.
- Able to work all stations in your designated area, on all shifts to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Be able to control inventories, requisitions, and par levels.
- Review all prep lists in regards to food and labor costs.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chefs in developing and writing new menu ideas and recipes.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 years culinary experi3ence OR a degree or certificated from a Culinary Institution plus 2 years culinary experience
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must take a leadership role in assisting, training and directing culinary interns, and all lower classification cooks in daily tasks and organization.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Proficient with a minimum of three cuisines. Examples may include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and Mexican.
- Competent in advanced ability in meat, poultry and fish fabrication.
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 4 courses in 4 hours.
- Complete a 25 question written cooking exam, covering modern fundamentals and classic cooking techniques with a score of 80%.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer