Cook – Hotel Hershey – Banquets
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience OR currently hold a culinary position in a similar restaurant, hotel or private club setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Please apply at Hersheyjobs.com.
About The Job:
Join the team at The Hotel Hershey, an award-winning resort best known for its refined elegance, signature services, and abundant amentities. The Hotel Hershey is situated high atop the town of Hershey and has 276 guest rooms, including 48 cottages, as well as 25,000 square feet of meeting and function space. The 1930’s hotel is a recipient of both the Forbes Four-Star Award and the AAA Four-Diamond Award.
As a Part-Time Cook at The Hotel Hershey, you’ll help the kitchen team prepare a meal at one of our 6 restaurants or Event spaces. This culinarian should have general knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. The Cook must possess at minimum a basic understanding of an a la carte setting as well as production. The Cook needs to possess a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor. Apply and interview today.
About Hershey Entertainment & Resorts:
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R) is an award-winning entertainment & hospitality organization with properties including: Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Bears American Hockey League team, Hershey Lodge, Restaurants, and more. HE&R is a sought-after employer where our team members have fun, are welcomed for their differences and get to work in historic settings with the smell of chocolate in the air. Our nearly 1,500 full-time and more than 5,000 seasonal/part-time team members share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, while striving to live by our company’s Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is committed to cultivating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce, marketplace, and community, and is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder by providing value to Milton Hershey School.
Sweet Parks & Benefits:
As a Part-Time Team Member at The Hotel Hershey, enjoy sweet perks like FREE meal during your schedule shift, FREE admission to Hersheypark, discounts, and more as soon as you receive your Employee ID!
Positions currently available:
- GENERAL COOK, BANQUETS
- Produce consistent food projects while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the chef’s, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibits an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary/work area in accordance with Health Department/ ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and guide culinary interns and general cooks in daily tasks.
- Able to work multiple stations in your designated area, on your designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience OR currently hold a culinary position in a similar restaurant, hotel or private club setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns and general cooks in daily tasks
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Skilled with a minimum of two cuisines. Examples may include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and Mexican.
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 3 courses in 4 hours.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer