2nd Shift Operator Specialist
- High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating Vertical/Horizontal machine centers.
- (Physical Demands) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical System
Red Lion, PA
- Must be able to demonstrate basic and advanced machining skills necessary to operate various levels of CNC Machines.
- Interpret complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Perform diversified operations on two or more numerical control machining centers.
- Perform a variety of milling, drilling, boring, turning, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Review setup sheets and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Must be able to call up differing programs on the machine controls.
- Manipulate controls and enter commands to rework nonconforming product.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machining issues and adjust depth of cut of roughing and finishing stations.
- Maintain established rates of production.
- Select and install cutting tools in machine spindle, turret, or magazine.
- Observe and listen to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Utilize override control to correct conditions operating out of the norm.
- Perform a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Measure work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Must be able to use all types of micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies.