$21 – $27/hr. (includes bonus and is dependent on experience)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in cleaning trucks, working with hand tools, performing tire services, and other general shop upkeep and cleaning required
- Experience in preventative maintenance, servicing of trucks and trailers, DOT inspections on trucks and trailers, minor engine diagnostics, and emissions systems troubleshooting preferred
Hiring For Diesel Mechanic/Technician (no weekends!)
Barr-Nunn Transportation, a premier truck load carrier in business for over 40 years, is currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic to join our team at our Manchester, PA terminal.
What we offer:
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Quarterly bonus program
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K w/matching
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (eligible for 6 days of PTO after 90 days of employment, with potential to earn up to 4 more via the quarterly bonus program)
- Hourly wage $21 – $27/hr. (includes bonus and is dependent on experience)
- Weekday shifts: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (no weekends)
- Ask us about our tool program!
Located: 3830 N. George St. Manchester, PA 17345
Qualified candidates must have a solid work history, valid driver’s license, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Employment contingent on passing a pre-employment physical and drug screen(s).
Join our team now by completing an online application – copy and paste the following URL https://www.barr-nunn.com/office_listings.asp or call Rhoda (515) 999-3160 for more information.
Barr-Nunn is a career destination for passionate and talented people seeking growth and opportunity with an industry leader. Our work environment fosters personal growth and advancement while maintaining safety as our top priority in all our business practices. Our people are passionate about continual learning, display mutual respect and give their best every day.
Well maintained equipment with mounted wheel program.
Main Job Responsibilities
– LEVEL #1: Cleaning trucks, work with hand tools, perform tire services, general shop upkeep and cleaning, and other duties delegated by Management.
– LEVEL #2: Perform all level 1 duties if asked but will spend most of the time on Preventative maintenance, Servicing of trucks and trailers, DOT Inspections on trucks and trailers, minor engine diagnostics, emissions systems troubleshooting, and during this time receiving training from inside and outside people, and vendors to improve your skill set to advance though the levels.
Education and Experience
– High school diploma or G.E.D.
– Experience in cleaning trucks, working with hand tools, performing tire services, and other general shop upkeep and cleaning required
– Experience in preventative maintenance, servicing of trucks and trailers, DOT Inspections on trucks and trailers, minor engine diagnostics, and emissions systems troubleshooting preferred
Skills and Personal Characteristics
– Electrical and mechanical
– Problem solving
– CDL preferred but not required
– Thorough, detail oriented
– Takes initiative
– Enjoys challenges
– Follows instructions well
Please visit our website for a complete job description.