Advanced Manufacturing, Skilled Trades
Steel Fab Enterprises, Inc.
Responsible for laying out and fabricating structural steel and sheet metal in order to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints and work with concrete reinforcing steel bars. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to focus on an intense level. Will be regularly required to stand and frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Experience is required.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns and other construction materials to form buildings and other structures.
- Cut, position and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Erect steel frames.
- Connect steel columns, beams and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
- Use plumb bobs, levels and laser equipment to check alignment.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
- Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
- Reinforce concrete with welded wire fabric.
- Install stairs, handrails and curtain walls.
- Possibly will be scheduled for out of town jobs Monday through Friday.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employees is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; climb to heights as necessary, balance; and enter and move about facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and preipheral vision.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk.
- Ability to use hands, fingers, handle, feel, talk and hear; enter/exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites.
- Ability to climb as necessary to inspect shop and job site conditions and equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to see and use close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Safe work procedures and high safety standards are followed at all times.
- Projects are completed on time, within budget and profitable.
- Quality standards are met for all work and materials.
- Positive employee and customer relations are maintained.
Steel Fab Enterprises LLC is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.