Material Handler – Heavy Equipment Operator
Advanced Manufacturing, Skilled Trades
Steel Fab Enterprises, Inc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic drawings, instructions, safety procedures, and memos. Ability to communicate with other employees of the organization.
- Basic shop math. Able to read tape measure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheulde form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; climb to heights as necessary, balance; and enter and move about facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk.
- Ability to use hands, fingers, handle, feel, talk and hear; enter/exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites.
- Ability to climb as necessary to inspect shop and job site conditions and equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to see and use close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Safe work procedures and high safety standards are followed at all times.
- Projects are completed on time, within budget and profitable.
- Quality standards are met for all work and materials.
- Positive employee and customer relations are maintained.
Steel Fab Enterprises LLC is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.