Chef de Cuisine – Revelry
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- 18 years of age or older
- Experience in high-volume a la carte and banquet operations
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Completion of high school diploma or GED
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
This position is responsible for culinary operations including food quality and team development for Revelry Chophouse and the Cocoa Cabana Kitchen at The Hershey Lodge. The Chef de Cuisine will work with a culinary team of 6 to 8 and report directly to the Executive Sous Chef, Hershey Lodge.
Job Duties (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Demonstrate and reinforce compliance with food handling and sanitation standards to FDA Food Code and State of Pennsylvania standards. Ensure well executed food preparation, sanitation, and safety standards in the kitchens*
- Challenge and train the culinary team for development and advancement. Provide regular coaching and performance reviews for employee development. Use hands on training to further develop culinary team members of all levels including cooks, interns, apprentices and stewarding team members*
- Participate in the interviewing, training, scheduling, and motivating culinary staff*
- Collaborate with stewarding managers and employees to ensure safe, clean and sanitary standards are maintained.*
- Evaluate, plan and facilitate employee engagement with ongoing communication and utilizing the engagement survey*
- Develop menus in collaboration with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef utilizing input from the culinary and food and beverage teams. Menus will be consistent with the restaurants identity and price point.*
- Maintain up to date recipes and plate presentation sheets for training and consistency. Coordinate all aspects of guest dietary needs for safe preparation of meals.*
- Requisition supplies and partner with purchasing team to ensure quality product is on hand*
- Maintain up to date costing, appropriate food inventory levels, and processes to support the budgeted food coast targets.
- Manage labor costs to budget through effective scheduling and daily management of labor*
- Perform other duties as assigned*
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- 18 Years of age or older,
- Experience in high-volume a la carte and banquet operations,
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Completion of high school or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree – Culinary Arts
- Post-Employment – ServSafe Certificate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer