Foreign Diploma Requirements

The Adult & Continuing Education Center requires that all applicants who have attended high school/ college/university outside of the United States have their official foreign transcripts translated and evaluated by a professional translating or/and evaluating service. All credential evaluators and document translators require a fee which students are responsible to pay.

All official translations and evaluations must be sent to the Adult & Continuing Education Center by the translating/evaluating services to the address provided below. Translations must be original. No photocopies will be accepted. All documents must be presented in the original language accompanied by an English translation of each document.

The Adult & Continuing Education Center at York County School of Technology
Attn: Admissions
2179 S. Queen St.
York, PA 17402

The School does not endorse or recommend any specific translating or evaluating service.

All evaluations and translations are subject to review to ensure that academic and degree requirements are followed.

For information on the list of qualified translators in your area, please refer to the resource provided by the American Translators Association. For information on qualified foreign credential evaluators, please consult the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.

High School: Translation and evaluation of high school diploma, transcripts, and exams:

    • All high school documents must be translated and evaluated.
    • If high school documents are in English, an evaluation must be provided for admission.
    • The evaluations must include the results of any examinations required by the country of origin as proof of successful admission.

College/University Credits/ Degrees: Translation and evaluation of college degrees and transfer courses.

    • All foreign credentials (diplomas, transcripts, or degree certificates) must be translated and evaluated by a professional translating/evaluating service.
    • If you would like to transfer courses from a foreign institution, please choose detailed evaluation with statement of equivalency to U.S. educational system and course-by-course listing of subjects with grades and corresponding U.S. credit hours earned. The School is not required to accept evaluations that do not meet requested academic and/or degree requirements.