Graduation signifies the completion of a program of study. The Adult & Continuing Education Center Graduation Ceremony is held annually to recognize students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year. Students who are enrolled in adult programs who have completed their program of study since the last ceremony are eligible to participate. Students who have an anticipated graduation date within three (3) calendar months of the ceremony date may also elect to participate in the ceremony occurring the summer prior to their graduation. The Practical Nursing Program holds a graduation ceremony at the end of each cohort. All graduation requirements must be met in order to be considered a graduate of the Adult & Continuing Education Center at York County School of Technology.
The School will notify students regarding upcoming ceremonial activities; however, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the school if they wish to participate in the ceremony for which they are eligible. Participation in the graduation ceremony is optional. Diplomas and certificates are mailed four to six weeks after graduation.
2022-23 ACADEMIC YEAR COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION:
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
York County School of Technology – Fieldhouse
2179 S. Queen St.
York, PA 17402
View our 2021-2022 graduation ceremony live stream HERE.
How To Participate in the Graduation Ceremony
- Enter via the Queen St. Lobby.
- Assemble in the cafeteria beginning at 4 PM, but no later than 5 PM, wearing your gown, cap and tassel. Wear the tassel over the right front of the cap.
- Report to the check-in tables to pick up your name card. Tables are arranged by program.
- If you are a veteran, active or reserve military, you will receive a military service cord with your name card.
- If your name is pronounced differently than it is spelled or if you wish to have your name pronounced a certain way when you receive your award, please let us know.
- Take your name card and staff will direct you to the lineup area.
- Listen for instructions to begin lining up (approximately 5:45 PM).
- Leave coats, purses and other personal items with your guests or family members. The School is not responsible for personal items left in the lineup area during the ceremony.
- If you arrive after the 5:45 PM lineup time, you may not be able to participate in the ceremony.