Free Application For Federal Student Aid
The Financial Aid process starts with the completion of the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The information that you provide assists us in determining what you and/or your family should pay toward your educational expenses.
FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Apply for federal student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
Completing the FAFSA on the Internet is the best choice. Simply go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and follow the instructions.
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) with results of the government’s calculations after sending your data into the government. Please read the Student Aid Report to be sure that no corrections are necessary. If corrections are needed, contact our office.
- If the Student Aid Report states that you have been “selected for a process called verification” or if notified by our office, your family is required to submit certain documents to the School. Notice of what documents are needed will be mailed to you after we receive your data from the federal processor.
- The Financial Aid Department will send you a notification indicating any other documentation needed to complete the student’s file.
- When we have received all documents needed and your file is complete, we will review the data given for accuracy. Typically quickly after the review, notification will be sent stating that you have been awarded. Completing applications incorrectly and/or omitting information on the application because of processing delays.
- You must be admitted to an Adult & Continuing Education Center program before aid eligibility may be determined.
- Aid is typically made available 10 days after classes begin for the Term 1 and Term 2. Federal regulations prohibit disbursing aid earlier.
Use the aid you receive to cover any education-related expenses. Assistance may be used for any educational expense after direct charges due to the School are paid. Educational costs include tuition, fees, books, living expenses, transportation (including automotive upkeep but not purchase), and other personal expenses.
If you have any problems or questions, call us at (717) 747-2130. We’re happy to help.