See below description.
Partners in Women’s Healthcare
810 Sir Thomas Ct, Suite 201
Harrisburg, PA 17109-4839
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office. You will support providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication. The medical assistant is integral in the functioning of the clinical area and is responsible for caring for patients efficiently and with kindness.
- Interview patients and document in EMR system
- Update medical records
- Perform phlebotomy and arrange laboratory services
- Assist during medical examinations
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
• Direct patients to appropriate exam/procedure room
• Interview patients and take vital signs.
• Record information in EMR
• Prepare treatment rooms for exams.
• Drape and position patient for exam, prepare instruments needed.
• Hand instruments and needed equipment to provider for exam.
• Clean and sterilize instruments, clean, and disinfect exam rooms, stock supplies.
• Administer injections, perform phlebotomy.
• Label and process specimens
• Apply fetal monitor to antepartum patients.
• Handle infectious waste appropriately.
• Follow OSHA and HIPA guidelines