Motor Vehicle Academy
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Requirements listed represent the physical and work environments required to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree not required
- Must meet DOT standards for truck drivers
- Must be 23 years of age
- Must show proof from state issuing drivers license of: Three (3) years over-the-road experience with no chargeable accidents or violations for three (3) years
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate one-on-one and also with a cell phone. English required.
Ability to do basic math.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls; and reach with hands and arms related to the operation of a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance when entering vehicle or inspecting tankers.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds when staging loads and moving bulk supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus related to the operation of a motor vehicle. Ability to hear to converse by cell phone.
Must pass DOT physical, every 2 years, by a designated physician and random drug tests.
Knouse Foods Cooperative, Inc.
Peach Bottom, PA
*********** $1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS ************
Paid out over a 180 day period when all qualifiers are met successfully.
Drives Tractor-Trailer-Truck combination to haul products within a plant and in the local area pulling variety of trailers. Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, brakes and oil. Connects and disconnects trailers. Loads and unloads truck and loads train cars. Verifies load against paperwork. Verifies that the truck is locked and sealed and that the seal numbers match what is recorded on the paperwork. Completes appropriate paperwork. Must be 23 years of age and hold a CDL license. Must have a safe driving record and no chargeable accidents for 3 years, with proof provided by the state issuing drivers license. Must pass a written and driving test administered by Knouse Foods. Must pass a DOT physical, every 2 years, administered by a designated physician and random drug testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Performs other assignments or duties as required.)
- Drives Tractor-Trailer-Truck combination to haul products within a plant and in the local area. Pulls flat bed, tankers, box, dump and other varieties of trailer. Verifies load against paperwork. Verifies that the truck is locked and sealed, where applicable, and that the seal numbers match what is recorded on the paperwork. Communicates with dispatcher by cell phone.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situation. Follows all “Knouse Fleet Driver Guidelines” including but not limited to docklocking or chocking wheels for safety.
- Connects and disconnects trailers. Uses jack to stabilize trailers.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, light, brakes, gas, oil, and water, on a daily basis. Informs immediate supervisors of any safety issues or malfunctions.
- Loads and unloads truck using forklift.
- Verifies load against paperwork.
- Completes appropriate paperwork. Records truck mileage and jobs performed.
- Reports and Food Quality or Food Safety concerns to the Supervisor immediately.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Drives Tractor-Trailer-Truck combination between local plants.
- Checks tanker trailer to make sure empty and washes tanker.
- Stages loads using appropriate documentation.
- Loads train cars.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND SAFETY GEAR:
- Drives dump truck, short flatbed, and forklift.
- Cell Phone