Facilities Maintenance Technician II
Commensurate with experience
- See below for qualifications and responsibilities
Urban Outfitters Inc.
Candidate should be a motivated team player with good attitude and possess organizational and communication skills. Individual should be able to function well in a multi-task environment with attention to detail, and willing to accept new and diverse assignments. Candidate must be able to work within all organizational levels including fellow employees and leadership team. The Maintenance Technician 2 will be responsible for repairing and inspecting conveyors, ASRS, Auto-baggers, Sortation Systems, Plumbing systems, Lighting Systems and Mechanical Systems. Participates in semi-complex maintenance tasks, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, troubleshoot equipment failures, repairs, and overhauls. Participates in supporting less Experienced Technicians for semi-complex products, operations, and services. Performs maintenance on tools, test equipment, and software packages. Completes documentation of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures using our CMMs. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance and recommends modifications and/or improvements. Responds to and systematically troubleshoots Automation issues. This position requires 5+ years of Industrial Maintenance Experience and/or Trade Equivalent in HVAC, Electrical, Automation Support, Pneumatics, Plumbing, Schematics and CMMs Utilization.
- Assists in installation, preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and modifications of conveyor, electrical, building and mechanical systems pertaining to facilities or automation equipment.
- Assists with recommendations pertaining to equipment upgrades, analysis of operation parameters of equipment, and other requirements to support zero unscheduled down time.
- Applies technical and maintenance experience to improve and maintain both short and long term facilities and/or Automation equipment.
- Maintains validated parameters as well as CMMS’s during the operation of equipment, thus permitting the timely release of Orders and meeting functional, cosmetic, and other quality control specifications for our Customers.
- Assists in equipment-related recommendations that will secure improvements in productivity, efficiency, cost control, and product quality.
- Per SOPs and related documents, subordinates in maintenance and operation of equipment and all other job functions within assigned areas under the guidance of the Lead/Supervisor/Manager.
- Partners w/Team to help implement methods that will maximize reliability of production and/or facilities equipment within its limitations.
- Monitors and controls equipment in assigned areas to ensure the operation of equipment within written SOP/CMMS guidelines.
- Assists in monitoring daily performance of production and/or facilities equipment. Will assist and consult subordinates in technical issues used in troubleshooting equipment.
- Identifies equipment failures which may affect performance and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Helps compile weekly and/or monthly reports to identify results as they pertain to operational standards.
- Ensures equipment operation, maintains CMMSs, and ensures required documentation is compiled and retained.
- Be available for emergency callbacks and flexible toward the daily start schedule and overtime requirements, including holidays and plan shutdowns.
- Adhere to all safety codes and practices for self and others throughout the plant.
- Partner with ops departments with housekeeping and organization.
- Partner w/Team to make sure stair wells, walks, and common areas are swept and clean.
- Wipe down all guard and handrails, cabinets, ledges, and Automation Equipment and Conveyance.
- Partner with housekeeping contractor regarding canteen, office, and restroom cleanliness. Engage as needed.
- Partner with ops and housekeeping to maintain all trash cans, paper towel dispensers, soap dispensers, hand sanitizers are full and readily available to all personnel.
- Participate in Campus truck yard and parking lot clean up.
- Operate floor sweeper and scrubber as needed.
- Assist maintenance with scheduled shutdowns and maintenance tasks. Participate in Annual Shutdowns.
- Usage of motorized and non-motorized floor scrubbers and sweepers.
- An associate degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred but not required. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Strong PC skills including Outlook, Excel, and Software Navigation for Programming.
- Minimum of 3+ years related maintenance/facilities experience in one of multiple trades.
- Trade skills in one or more of the following: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, forklifts, building construction, scanners, Automation.
- Ability to interpret and understand maintenance manuals and electrical equipment schematics.
- Ability to partner and support third party vendors while onsite.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial equipment mechanics.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Able to identify problems and articulate resolution.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to safely operate motorized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts up to 55 lbs. May operate warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker) which requires some coordinated movements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a warehouse environment in all types of weather. The employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.