General Cook, Cocoa Cabana – Hershey Lodge
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience OR currently hold a culinary position in a similar restaurant, hotel or private club setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
This is the entry level position in a professional kitchen. This culinarian should have general knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. The General Cook must possess a basic understanding of a ala carte setting as well as production. The General Cook needs to possess a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce consistent food projects while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the chef’s, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibits an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary/work area in accordance with Health Department/ ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and guide culinary interns and general cooks in daily tasks.
- Able to work multiple stations in your designated area, on your designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience OR currently hold a culinary position in a similar restaurant, hotel or private club setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns and general cooks in daily tasks
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Skilled with a minimum of two cuisines. Examples may include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and Mexican.
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 3 courses in 4 hours.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Condition
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer