- Must be able to call up differing programs on the machine controls
- Experience with various mills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work in adverse conditions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in adverse conditions
General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical System
Red Lion, PA
- Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Interpret complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Perform diversified operations on two or more numerical control machining centers.
- Perform a variety of milling, drilling, boring, turning, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Manipulate controls and enter commands to rework nonconforming product.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machining issues and adjust depth of cut of roughing and finishing stations.
- Maintain established rates of production.
- Select and install cutting tools in machine spindle, turret, or magazine.
- Observe and listen to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Utilize override control to correct conditions operating out of the norm.
- Perform a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Measure work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Must be able to use all types of micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies.